Saturday, May 7, 2016

Wow, Rick Perry endorses Donald Trump late Thursday, further isolating #NeverTrump

Rick Perry was NeverTrumper Erick Erickson's preferred 3rd party challenger.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, quoted here:

"He is not a perfect man. But what I do believe is that [Trump] loves this country and he will surround himself with capable, experienced people and he will listen to them," Perry said Thursday.

"He wasn't my first choice, wasn't my second choice, but he is the people's choice," Perry added.

"I believe in the process, and the process has said Donald Trump will be our nominee and I'm going to support him and help him and do what I can," Perry said.

"He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen," he added, saying Trump knows how to market and brand like no one he has ever seen.

"Anyone who is considering a third-party run does not understand what is going on in this country -- does not understand the anger that the country has," Perry said.